we try to serve god and others--
In addition to Ministry Groups tending to congregational organization and internal needs, the congregation reaches out to the community, and brings in the community, in service to others.
St. John's Hygiene Pantry-- Contains necessary items, such as shampoo, toothpaste, razors, toilet paper, and laundry soap. The Hygiene Pantry is open 9-12 and 1-3 Monday thru Friday. The Pantry gets donations of items in worship on Sundays or brought to the office during regular hours. Monetary donations are also welcome.
Mason City Community Kitchen--On the 2nd Monday of every month, parishioners volunteer to prepare the noonday meal and to serve. Simply show up at Community Kitchen at 9 am if you want to take part.
Mason City Band Festival Food Booth--For many years St. John's has had a food both at the Mason City Band Festival. We sell hot dogs, brats, soda and other treats. Proceeds benefit various community groups. Please come visit our booth again this year on May 27, 2017, for good food and fellowship as we gather outside our doors in the Heart of the City!
Weekly Community Group Meetings at St. Johns
- Tuesday 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month Inspirational Writing hosted by Tina Manyette at 7:00 p.m. in the Parlor
- Wednesday 8:00 p.m. NA “Stop the Insanity” in the Parish Hall
- Thursday NOON AA Meeting in the Parlor
- 5:00 p.m. TOPS Meeting & weigh in, in the Parlor
- Friday 8:00 p.m. AA “Pioneer Club” Meeting in the Parish Hall
- Saturday 9:00 a.m. Alanon Meeting in the Kuhn Room
St. John's members also take part in Meals on Wheels, Salvation Army Bell Ringing during the Christmas season, Hawkeye Harvest Food Bank, and lots more.
St. John's is willing to host funeral luncheons for families. Please contact Sue Stone at 424-1300 if you are in need of a space for your gathering.